Following the latest advice from the government regarding Coronavirus, we have made the difficult decision to close the campsite for the foreseeable future.

The government has been very clear on the need not to undertake unnecessary travel, and Cumbria Police have issued a request for tourists “not to travel to the lakes or other Cumbrian holiday destinations”.

We, therefore, feel that we have no alternative but to close, and by doing so, help beat the spread of this virus. Hoping  that life will get back to ‘normal’ as soon as possible.

We are receiving lots of enquiries via email and across social media, and we will do our best to answer them all as quickly as we can. We just ask that you bear with us during this challenging time.

Things are changing very fast, so it is difficult to be clear on what is the best thing to do. At the moment, we will be offering everyone, who is booked to stay in the next 6 weeks, the chance to move their booking to a date in the future.

If you are able to, and would like to, this will be greatly appreciated, as you will be really helping us during a difficult time.

If you would prefer to cancel, then we will not be expecting you to pay the balance for your booking (if you have not already done so).

If you cancel your booking and have just paid a deposit, we will be retaining your deposit (as per our terms and conditions).

If you cancel your booking after paying the balance, we will refund your monies less 20% (as per our terms and conditions).

We will continue to monitor the latest advice from the government, and we will update you as soon as possible.

We wish everyone well.

Thank you, Gareth, Helen and Arran

Menu