Comb Beck is a cosy 2 bedroom self catering holiday cottage in an elevated tranquil setting, nestled into the lower slopes of Whinlatter Forest. Situated in the hamlet of ‘Seldom Seen’, on the banks of the stream ‘Comb Beck’.
Facilities & Features
- Superb views over Comb Beck stream
- 1 double bedroom and 1 twin bedroom
- Gas central heating throughout
- Double glazed windows throughout
- Sliding sash double glazed windows upstairs
- Free Wi Fi internet
- Terraced garden leading down to the stream
- Balcony along the rear of the cottage, overlooking the garden and beck
- Wood burning stove
- 2 two-seater sofas
- Bookcase containing books and maps about the local area
- Selection of board games
- Underfloor heating
- Electric oven and hob
- Fridge with freezer compartment
- Washing/drying machine
- Microwave, toaster & kettle
- Belfast sink in kitchen
- Over-bath shower
- Heated porch
- Lockable shed suitable for bicycle storage
- Private off-street parking for one vehicle (additional parking available in the village)
The living room has a woodburning stove set into the original sandstone alcove. There are 2 two seater sofas, coffee tables, and a television with DVD/CD player. The bookcase contains reading material relevent to the local area, and the cupboard has a selection of games, including ‘Scrabble’ and ‘Jenga’. The living room has a window at one end, and a fully glazed door at the other, enabling a superb view over the stream.
The fully fitted kitchen incorporates a Belfast sink with slate worktops, fully integrated electric oven and hob, fridge with freezer compartment, and a washing/drying machine. There is also a microwave, toaster and kettle, and a radio. The slate floor has underfloor heating, and there are views towards Skiddaw and Whinlatter Forest.
The toilet and bathroom are downstairs and have slate floors with underfloor heating. The bathroom suite is white, with a thermostatically controlled shower over the bath, and glass shower screen.
There is a heated porch with a coir matting floor, hooks for hanging coats, and a shoe rack for boots.
There are two bedrooms upstairs; a double and a twin.The double bedroom has a double bed, and bedside tables with lamps. The sliding sash window has views towards the forest. The twin bedroom has twin beds, with bedside shelves and lights. The sliding sash window has views over the garden, beck and forest.
There are superb walks and/or mountain biking opportunities available from the cottage door, to the forest and fells beyond. Red squirrels and deer may be spotted in the garden, or in the forest beyond.The cottage and garden have views of Whinlatter Forest and Skiddaw.
- Arrival – from 4pm
- Departure – by 10am
- Changeover Day: Friday
- Deposits: A non-refundable deposit of 25% of the total cost of the booking.
- Location View Comb Beck on a Map
- Please note: The cottage has its original wooden staircase which is steeper than a ‘modern’ staircase, and for this reason it may not be suitable for people with mobility difficulties and/or children under 5 years old.